Thursday, March 08, 2007

Advice needed - classifying material on Islam

I need some professional advice. Soon I am to organise and therefore
classify a large collection of books on Islam. I have been through a list
of important topics in Islam put together by a Muslim and found all but 4
out of 30 topics listed in Dewey 21. However, just as I find DDC21 to be
useful but limited for my own faith so I suspect for Islam. Could anyone
who is involved in the classification process of books on Islam and also
Islamic books who either has knowledge as a scholar or adherent to that
faith proffer some advice as to the most adequate classification system for
the task?

I would be very grateful. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Keith Lang

If you can assist Keith contact him direct at klang@rutc.ac.uk